Friday 5 April 2024

The final comparison

What I've consistently found, while working on this, is that as I approach the end point of working on a track, I suddenly start to dread hearing it.  I hope that's just a case of me getting overexposed to my own work!  I guess it's encouraging that, when I go back to listen to a track that's not the one I'm sick of (there are now 3 of those) I often find it to sound much better than I remember.

I'll be honest, though: the vocals on "Them" didn't turn out quite the way I imagined.  Still, enough of this track is instrumental that the vocals, and indeed the lyrics, can be treated as almost an afterthought, rather like on some King Crimson albums - think Starless and Bible Black (1974) or The Power to Believe (2003).

This is the final time I'll be including clips of the Escapade and Escapade 2 versions of the song at the end of the video.  The reason for this is that the next song, "One of My Goof Attacks", appeared for the first time on Escapade 2 so there is no Escapade version.  And after that, we come to the final two songs, "Look and See" and "Escapade", where such clips would be rather mood-inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment