Wednesday 24 April 2024

This goof attack isn't!

As a final touch on the mix of "One of My Goof Attacks", I used the amplifier bass stem in the passages near the beginning and end where it's dueling with my (Jupiter-)organ work, and switched to the DI for when the full band is playing.  I felt that the organ needed the retro warmth of the former to offset it, but that to anchor the driving rock sound of the rest of the track, the DI was called for.

That brings us, at last, to the album's home stretch, in which things are about to get a lot more serious.  And while "One of My Goof Attacks" is, in isolation, the least earnest song in the set, I also feel that this is the right place for it in a way I didn't intend.  Yes, the point of the song is to make light of my tendency (as a child and teenager, that is) to appear momentarily scatterbrained under pressure, but I'm sure the reason that happened so much was because I was paying too much attention to my own daydreams instead of to what was actually happening around me.  Such daydreams are, essentially, the topic of the next song.

No comments:

Post a Comment